Our commitment to Privacy
At Secura Lifestyle, the protection of your privacy is important to us. That is why we have prepared this document to ensure you are aware of your rights and our commitment to your privacy. Under the Privacy Act there are 13 Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”). These are rules that apply to both public and private sector organisations including Secura Lifestyle Pty Ltd and which regulate the way in which we deal with your personal information. In this Policy the words “we”, “our” or “us” mean Secura Lifestyle Pty Ltd and our related entities.
Information we collect
The personal information that Secura Lifestyle collects may include an individual’s:
Name; Date of Birth and gender; Address; Driver’s license number and/or passport number and, upon our request, a copy of your driver’s license or passport; Residential tenancy particulars. Email addresses / IP addresses; Telephone numbers; Date of birth; Vehicle details including registrations and vehicle make and model; Payment information (such as credit card, PayPal or bank details); Financial and transaction details associated with bookings, products and services; Special needs or preferences; Information concerning previous interactions with Secura Lifestyle, parks managed by Secura Lifestyle and business partners; Your social media preferences; Any preferences you tell us about or other information that you provide. In addition, Secura Lifestyle may collect sensitive information by consent to assist with providing services to cater to special needs
- our identity and how to contact us;
- that he or she can access the information;
- the purpose for which we have collected the information;
- the organisations or types of organisations that we usually disclose the information to;
- any law that requires particular information to be collected;
- the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided; and
- whether any personal information is likely to be disclosed overseas, and if practicable, notify the recipient countries.
How we collect information
- in any discussions we have with you, whether in person or by telephone;
- through transactions you make with us and our Franchisee Parks e.g. making a booking, participating in a promotion, competition, registering for a newsletter; or using a related digital service;
- through customer feedback and survey forms;
- through our website or email server by way of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small text file that allows the website to remember something about you at a later time, for example by storing information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
- through our accounts and payments you make;
- through third parties, including companies running competitions on our behalf, our franchisees and our agents.
How we use your personal information
- to assist you with queries;
- to process a booking or application that you have made;
- to process and fulfill a Gift Voucher order;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions and competitions;
- to personalise content and advertising;
- to provide social media features and analyse our traffic;’
- to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website;
- to compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer network;
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfillment of legal requirements and analysing our services and customer needs with a view to adopting new and/or improved services.
Disclosure of personal information
As Secura Lifestyle is concerned with maintaining the privacy of personal information, such information will not be disclosed to third parties that are not directly involved or associated with.
Secura Lifestyle’s business or undertaking unless:
– an emergency exists where disclosure of such information will assist in the response; and
– a law enforcement agency or person duly authorised by law requests the disclosure of such information for bona fide reasons.
Personal information such as basic contact details sourced from the Secura Lifestyle subscription database, memberships and accommodation records may be provided to other Secura Lifestyle and related entities, business partners and associates for bona fide purposes associated with Secura Lifestyle’s business and undertaking. This includes the opportunity to provide information concerning products and services offered by Secura Lifestyle and other entities including our other business partners and service providers.
We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information or for any purposes connected to a fraud, crime prevention or impropriety investigation.
When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). Some personal information will be disclosed to an organisation or people who assist in our direct marketing, for example an external mail house.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, that we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to ‘opt out’ or in other words, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications; and
- comply with a request by you to ‘opt out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable time frame.
- We will only ever contact you if you have consented to direct marketing, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by directly contacting us.
The Quality of Your Personal Information
We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Accordingly, our staff has procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. Accordingly, please let us know about any change in your details or if you believe any personal information we have on our file is incorrect, so we can make the appropriate amendment.
You may contact us and request particulars of the personal information we hold about you and whether that personal information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection of Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of security of our client(s) files and personal information. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our premises and with the assistance of our service providers.
We use the following security measures to protect personal information:
- locked offices;
- locked files;
- passwords on all our computers;
- a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored; and
- virus protection software.
We will keep personal information as long as needed after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information when it is no longer relevant. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
Privacy Queries, Complaints and Further Information
Phone: 1800 SECURA (1800 732 872) or
Post: Secura Lifestyle Pty Ltd, Level 9, Suite 9.03, 56 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
If you have any disputes or complaints, our privacy officer will attend to them and may request that you put your dispute or complaint in writing. Our privacy officer will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time.
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992